Reference Design / Application Evaluation Kit
- Reference Design - REFLD002
- Laser Driver Reference Design with GaN HEMT for High-Resolution LiDAR
The range of uses for LiDAR sensors is expanding to include not only autonomous driving, but also applications in the industrial and infrastructure fields. LiDAR sensors are required to have longer sensing distance and higher resolution, and in addition to improving the characteristics of the laser diode, it is necessary to drive the laser diode at higher speeds and power. ROHM offers a lineup of 905nm high power narrow emission width laser diodes. (RLD90QZWx Series) Reference designs are available that includes EcoGAN™, a next-generation device capable of high-speed drive, along with a high-speed gate driver for GaN HEMTs that contribute to improved LiDAR sensor characteristics (distance and resolution) .
- Enables high-speed driving of laser diodes - a key device in LiDAR applications
- Includes next-gen EcoGaN™ devices
- Built-in high-speed gate driver for GaN HEMTs (BD2311NVX-C)
- Two circuit types: square wave and resonant